Avalanche Roofing & Exteriors uses UNIFLEX Fluid Applied Roofing Systems as our preferred roofing system for flat roofs here in Colorado Springs. UNIFLEX is a next generation elastomeric coating that offers huge advantages over a normal EPDM or Modified Bitumen system. Developed by Sherwin-Williams in conjunction with KST Coatings, the UNIFLEX Roofing System is designed to be the last coating your flat roof will need.
UNIFLEX offers a variety of fluid applied roofing system solutions that meet the demands of every roofscape and climate. These systems minimize thermal shock, ensuring that the roof will last longer and perform better. UNIFLEX high-performance roofing systems have excellent tensile strength and high reflectivity, keeping the roof closer to ambient temperature and decreasing thermal expansion. Reducing temperature fluctuations on the roof will minimize thermal stress on seams, flashing detail, and fasteners — in short, the entire roofing system.
UNIFLEX Fluid Applied Elastomeric Roofing System
UNIFLEX’s elastomeric roofing system is engineered to provide maximum water resistance and protect the building from leaks. With both acrylic and solvent based formulations, these fully adhered and monolithic systems provide seamless protection for even the most challenging roofs. Extend the building’s life cycle and reduce energy consumption with UNIFLEX’s highly reflective elastomeric roofing system.
UNIFLEX Fluid Applied Fabric-Reinforced Roofing System
For roofs that require the most rugged protection from the elements, UNIFLEX offers a high-performance, fabric reinforced roofing system. Available in both acrylic and solvent-based formulations, these systems combine the waterproofing protection of the elastomeric product with an embedded, high-strength reinforcement fabric. This helps the roof resist wind and hail damage by creating a strong, fully adhered, lightweight membrane that helps prevent the two primary causes of roof leaks — splitting and rupturing.
- No Disruption To Occupants: With UNIFLEX there is no need to close the building during installation. The non-toxic formulation means no disruption to occupants and no interruption of business.
- Lightweight Solution: Unlike traditional roof replacement, UNIFLEX Fluid Applied Roofing Systems provide a lightweight solution to roofing needs. It’s ounces, not pounds, per square foot.
Extend The Life of Your Roof
- Longer Building Life Cycle: UNIFLEX Fluid Applied Roofing Systems are installed onto existing roofs to extend the service life of the facility.
- Great Weatherability: UNIFLEX Fluid Applied Roofing Systems are resistant to blistering, chalking, checking, cracking and flaking – protecting the roof from further weathering and degradation.
- Enviromentally Responsible: The formulations of UNIFLEX Fluid Applied Roofing Systems do not require hot kettles or flames during installation. It’s a safer process, and the environmental benefits are significant.
- Lower Roof Temperatures: Highly reflective white coatings reflect 85% of the sun’s radiant heat, dramatically lowering the temperature of the underlying roof and preventing further degradation.
- Proven Performance: UNIFLEX Fluid Applied Roofing Systems are fully adhered and monolithic (seamless), protecting the investment and providing maximum durability.
Energy & Utility Savings
- Significant Energy Savings: According to Energystar.gov, having a white, reflective roof reduces the roof’s surface temperature by up to 100°F (black to white) significantly decreasing the amount of heat transferred into building and reducing peak cooling demands. Higher reflectivity = lower energy consumption and lower cooling costs.
- Cost-Saving Installation: UNIFLEX Fluid Applied Roofing Systems are typically easier to install and maintain than a conventional tear-off roof and also eliminate unnecessary construction waste. This means such projects generally cost a fraction of the price of a new roof installation.
- Tax Benefits: Because roof maintenance jobs are often deductible in the first year while most total roof replacements are not, some building owners realize a tax benefit when using UNIFLEX Fluid Applied Roofing Systems.
- Utility Rebates: Some utility companies offer rebates to building owners who conserve energy by using white reflective fluid applied roofing systems. Local utility companies can provide more details about their energy rebate programs. Further details can be found at www.dsireusa.org